The Dochula Druk Wangyel Festival is a one-day annual event held on the 13th of December at the Druk Wangyel Lhakhang ground in Dochula Pass (10,000 ft). Her Majesty the Queen Mother, Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck, is the founder and patron of this unique festival which aims to commemorate and celebrate the achievement and bravery of His Majesty the Fourth King and the Armed Forces during the military expedition of 2003 against foreign militants. It is performed by the Royal Bhutan Army rather than monks or laypeople. This unique Tshechu is performed against the backdrop of the magnificent Jigme Singye Wangchuck mountain range, and you will definitely enjoy it like such kind of unique festival doesn’t exist anywhere in the world. The festival is held during off-tourist peak seasons and it’s a great opportunity to enjoy those tourists who are looking for a cheaper rate and fewer tourists. If you’re booking this trip, you will be able to see the unique mask dances, unlike others, glimpses of Bhutan’s cultural and historical sites, and experience the local culture and taste of Bhutanese cuisine.
- Experience the unique Druk Wangyel Festival at Dochula Pass
- Meet the happy and friendly people of Bhutan with locals
- Chance of meeting with King and royal family of Bhutan
- Learn the true exemplifiers of Bhutanese cultural traditions
- Experience and taste of Bhutanese cuisine.