The Bhutan Jomolhari Trek is far north-western Bhutan and one of the most popular trekking routes that can complete in just six (6) days. This trek is a moderate trek that takes you through unbelievable scenic vistas to the base camp of Mt. Jomolhari. Mt. Jomolhari (7,314m) marks the border between Bhutan and Tibet and is the most striking mountain in the entire length of the Himalayas.
On this trek, there are high chances of seeing the blue sheep, Takin, and a variety of birds. In the spring, rhododendrons, azaleas, and masses of wildflowers carpet the high meadows, while pear and apple trees blossom in the valleys. In the fall, rice paddies ripen to a golden brown, and yak herders bring their yaks down from high summer pastures. It’s ideal to plan a trip around Spring & Autumn seasons. During these seasons, you can expect stable weather conditions, good visibility, and comfortable temperatures for trekking.
- Breathtaking view of snowcapped mountains including majestic Jomolhari mountain (7326 meters)
- Trek take you through diverse ecosystems, including lush forest, alpine meadows, blue sheep & Takin and can spot various bird species.
- Have opportunity to meet with nomadic local people and appreciate their age old culture
- Chance of spotting snow-leopard hunting Blue sheep, if your lucky enough
- During culture trip visit various culture sights including hike to Tiger Nest, the quintessential Bhutan travel experience