Changangkha Lhakhang is one of the oldest monastery, which is built by son(Nima) of Phajo Drugom Zhipo in 13th century site chosen by his father. The central statue is chenresig in an 11- headed, thousand -armed manifestation unlike other posture with black colour. There are enormous prayer wheels to spin and even the prayer books in the temple are larger in size than usual Tibetan texts. The main gurdian deity is Dom- Tshang. Parents traditionally come here to get auspicious names for there newborns or blessings for their young children from the protector deity Tamdrin ( to the left in tht grilled inner sanctum, next to Chenresig.)
Buddha Dordenma is a gigantic Shakyamuni Buddha statue measuring 169 feet. It was completed construction on 25th September 2015, making it alone of the biggest bronze Buddha Statue in the world. Statue prophecy was dated back to the 8th century (Terten Pemalingpa) for arise of peace and prosperity of the world was constructed at the hilltop of kuenselphodrang Nature Park overlooking the southern entrance of Thimphu city. It is 100,000 5 inches tall and 25,000 12 inches tall small Buddha statue. On 2nd May 2016, the three-day Peling Tsechu is held for the first time on the sacred grounds of the Buddha Dordenma commemorating the Royal Birth of His Royal Highness The Gyalsey Jigme Namgyel Wangchuck.
Late Ashi Phuntshok Choden built Gongzo Chorten/memorial stupa in 1974 in the memorial of Third King of Bhutan and world peace. The white conical structure is one of visible Buddhist structure in the city with its design. Chorten is decorated with richly carved annexes facing the four directions and features elaborate mandalas, statues and a shrine. There are numerous religious wrathful aspects of Buddhist deities. As iconic Buddhist monument all ages of men and women assemble there to pay homage and circumambulate to earn merit for individuals life.
Tashi Chodzong, the fortress of the glorious religion was built present form in year 1969. Today it serves as the seat of golden throne and religious monastery that is located in the north of thimphu district at bank of Thimp Chu. Initially om 1216, Lam Gyelwa Lhanangpa built Dho Ngen Dzong (Blue stone Dzong) at the present Dachen Phodrang monastery is stand. Later Phajo Drukgom Shepo invaded Dzong from Lhanangpa and subsequently Dzong was offered to Zhabdrung by descendents of Lam Phajo and names as Tashi Chodzong . It was then established as the main seat of the southern Drukpa Kagyu and the summer residence of monastic body. In 1772 original Dzong was destroyed by fire and new Dzong was built at the present site for specious reason. Again earthquake and retored for each time. Third, king shifted capital in 1962 to Thimphu from Punakha and expansion and rebuilding project had been inititated for the present form and completed in the year 1969.