Bhutan’s Tour Tariff Policy is unique to Bhutan. Every visitor to Bhutan is required to book their tour through a licensed tour operator and the all-inclusive fees prior to travel. The tariff helps Bhutan maintain their key tourism policy of High Value – Low Impact Tourism in Bhutan.
The Tourism Council of Bhutan sets the minimum selling prices for all tour packages to Bhutan. These fees must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan. The minimum tariff for tourists visiting in a group of 3 or more are as follows:
- High Season Tariff: USD 250 per person per night halt (March, April, May, September, October & November)
- Low Season Tariff: USD 200 per person per night halt (January, February, June, July, August & December)
Inclusion in the package rate
- Minimum of 3-star accommodations (4 & 5 stars require an additional premium).
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- A licensed English-speaking Bhutanese tour guide (supplement applicable for other language speaking guides)
- All in-country transport (excluding internal flights)
- All camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of US$65 per person per night
- All sightseeing as per itinerary
- All entrance fees to the monuments
Tourists traveling in a group of two (2) persons or less shall be subject to an additional surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates. These are as follows:
- Solo traveler – US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only – US$ 30 per person per night
The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge.
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visits duly approved and cleared by TCB.
In a group of three persons, if one member is a child of 5 years or below, the group shall be treated as a group of two persons and the $30 surcharge will apply
There is no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years.
Youth between the ages of 6 – 12, accompanied by parents and/or guardians are given a 50% discount on daily rates.
Full-time STUDENTS below the age of 25 who hold a valid identity card from their academic institution will be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person if there is a group of 11 to 15 people. If a group exceeds 16 members, one member will be given a 100% tariff discount.
Children below 5 years will not be eligible for GROUP SIZE DISCOUNT
Tour programs booked and subsequently canceled are subject to the following cancellation charges:
(a). Within 45 days of the start of the tour program: No charges
(b). Within 30 days: 10% of the package cost
(c). Within 21 days: 15% of the package cost
(d). Within 14 days: 50% of the package cost
(e). Cancellation without notice or after arrival in Bhutan: 100% of the package cost
For 4*, 5*, and luxury accommodation establishments, there is a different cancellation policy and that varies from hotel to hotel. The travelers are suggested to check with us cancellation policy of such hotels, prior to booking.